What Matters to Our Clients?
From founder Stephen L. Thomas:
This is the most important subject anyone who is managing assets should be able to address or discuss. After managing assets of high net worth investors for over 30 years, I feel like I've got a pretty good idea of what's important to our clients. Over the years, the needs of our clients are the actual things that have shaped what we do and how we do it.
The things listed below may not be in order, but these are items my team and I have found are priorities to the people we serve and manage:
- Care - We have to care about the people and clients we work with. Their needs must become our needs.
- Honesty - In an industry which has often failed, our team and leadership at Linden Thomas & Company needs to always seek honesty in what we say and do.
- Transparency - Our clients want and deserve transparency at all levels.
- Responsiveness - We need to be as responsive to each need of our clients as possible, no matter how small the task.
- Planning - We need to have a team help our clients map out planning both to retirement, but also after - well past retirement - to help them create a legacy.
- Education - Our clients deserve to be the most informed and educated investors, both on risk and growth and yield.
- Service - Our clients deserve the very best service. Our team (from licensed planners and analysts to our administration) should always be available to serve our clients in their daily needs.
- Transition - We need to help our clients through the transitions over their lifetime. Whether losing a mate, transitioning the assets to the next generation, or divorce, we need to be a blessing to clients when life creates obstacles.
- Results - We should work together as a team to always give our clients the best results.
- Cost - Our cost should always be fair and transparent. We should avoid recommendations that are not.
- Quality - Each portfolio should be constructed with a focus on each client's needs with the highest level of quality and care.
- Independence - Because we are an independent investment firm with a broker/dealer, our clients have peace of mind knowing we have only one focus - helping them achieve the best results.
Over the years, our clients' voices, needs, and life changes have become a big part of how we developed our firm. Even our team approach is built around the ongoing and unforeseen changes taking place in our clients' lives. We have been blessed to have so many people we serve. In many ways, we have become a part of their extended family.
“For to whom much is given, much is required”