Truth and Evidence
Over the years, the team at Linden Thomas & Company has helped hundreds of outside investors. When introduced to a new client, more often than not, the reason they want a second opinion is due to poor results. The poor results are often caused by one, if not several, portfolio shortfalls. Through an efficiency evaluation process, we are able to discover the real truth and evidence causing the less than desirable results.
More often than not, while the individual investor has adequate assets to retire, it's usually the investment choices that fail in delivering results. Through our education process, we often uncover what the real truth is - the items that hinder results! Once discovered, and assets are deployed more efficiently, results become the evidence of a more disciplined institutional approach.
The most common portfolio deficiencies include:
- Lack of discipline in portfolio construction
- No disclosure of the real internal cost of products owned
- Poor risk management
- Products with high expenses
- Bond funds with security pricing disadvantage
- Security overlap within mutual funds ownership
- Lack of transparency
- No efficient team support and technology that can properly monitor and evaluate products
- Structured products that don't work
- Invest in mutual funds when a client qualifies for institutional
- High fee products like annuities
- Mutual fund hidden trading cost
Over the last 30 years, founder Stephen L. Thomas and his team have helped affluent investors move from inefficient managed portfolios with poor results to efficient portfolios with a focus on maximizing outcomes.
A track record of proven success, for both the firm and our clients, clearly demonstrates the benefits of engaging Linden Thomas & Company: