Our clients are mostly successful professionals or high net worth individuals who came to us seeking a more efficient approach in managing their assets. Most have had a history of managing their own money or managing their money through investment advisors that either failed to generate adequate results or were lacking in execution and discipline. Our independent investment firm and our broker-dealer have created a firm that can develop a full investment strategy that gives clients control of their portfolios through individual securities.
Because our clients often hold securities transferred from other investment firms, we can maintain and build a portfolio around securities that may need to be held or help them transition to more productive, efficient results. Each of our clients enjoys knowing that they have access to a team and technology that was not accessible to them before. Since each of our clients' portfolios is tailored and managed directly by Linden Thomas & Company, it takes away the need to pay high advisor costs and third-party mutual funds' hidden fees.
Where our clients were before they hired Linden Thomas & Company
Our several hundred clients all come with a good story, often which have a long, curvy road before they found a home with Linden Thomas & Company. Generally, we have found six types of journeys before hiring us:
- Do-it-yourself investors – these are investors who enjoyed having control and liked investing on their own, often wanting to avoid retail firms and the high costs of retail advisors. What they found at Linden Thomas & Company is our discipline, results, and ability to tailor the portfolio gives them both control and the guidance they needed to ensure their future needs.
- Model mutual fund investor – this is someone often in a mutual fund model through an advisor for a fee. The portfolio has been invested in a pooled mutual fund where advisor fees, fund costs, and hidden pricing disadvantages didn’t allow them to excel in results. The fee for advice was hard to justify.
- Lack of depth and support – clients may question whether their investment advisor has the skill, team, or technology which gives them the best advice and most efficient results.
- Generational support - an investor who wants to hire a firm like Linden Thomas & Company, which has a large team of professionals and will be there for their family for many years to come.
- Cost – an investor is tired of paying high retail advisor costs, never realizing that an institutional discipline like Linden Thomas & Company is tailored and less costly.
- Poor results – an investor generally doesn’t achieve acceptable results in favorable markets (and doesn’t understand why). After comparing Linden Thomas & Company’s Earnings-Focused Equities, they realize superior results can be achieved.