12 Questions to Ask Concerning The Financial Advisor You Trust With Your Financial Future
1. Does your advisor personally identify with your investment planning issues and specialize in working with high net worth clients who have portfolios exceeding $1 million dollars?
2. Does your lead independent financial advisor have more than 25 years of experience in the financial industry?
3. Does your advisor have a team of more than 15 professionals working only for him, dedicated to helping meet your financial goals?
- Over 100 years of collective industry experience
- Strong business education including degrees in business, finance and economics.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
4. Can your advisor personally introduce to you the professionals on his team who work directly and solely for him and on behalf of his clients?
5. Does your advisor help to coordinate investment planning, estate planning, investment management, and risk management either all in-house or through outside sources?
6. Does your advisor offer advanced, in-depth portfolio management and analysis provided through a “hands on” in-house Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) using current software and technology to;
- Calculate your upside and downside capture ratio as it relates to your tolerance for risk
- Perform analytical studies to monitor and report on your investment strategy
- Perform drawdown analysis and speed of recovery calculations
- Identify and effectively limit security overlap which if ignored can lead to concentration of risk in your portfolio
- Analyze money managers to identify Style Drift which may introduce investment inefficiencies in your portfolio?
- Provide detailed reporting with thorough explanations?
7. Does your advisor provide full transparency of your portfolio so you can easily and readily see what you own and view all investment activity each day?
8. Does your financial advisor and each member of their team deliver same day response to your questions?
9. Has your advisor been recognized and ranked as a top professional in the industry?
- Ranked by Barron’s as One of America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors in 2016? (8 years in a row 2008 to 2016)
- Ranked by Barron’s as One of America’s Top 1,000 Financial Advisors?
- Ranked by Registered Rep as one of America’s Top 100 Independent Advisors?
- Recognized by the Charlotte Business Journal as one of the NABCAP Premier Advisors – Top Wealth Managers?
- Ranked by the Charlotte Business Journal as One of the Top Wealth Managers in the Charlotte region?
10. Does your advisor’s firm avoid selling and receiving commissions on products like annuities, insurance and other proprietary products which may not be conducive for your overall investment strategy?
11. Does your advisor build a personalized and customized fixed income portfolio that is designed to meet the yield necessary to meet your income needs?
12. Does your advisor have their own money invested in the firm to help ensure mutual goals and success?